I've had braces for a few months now - since october 2009. I will admit I was really really disgusted with them at first and for about a month every time I looked in the mirror the thoughts of "why did I choose this?" crossed my mind. Yes, getting braces was a choice. I really didn't have a bad smile - just a few crooked teeth and horrible TMJ that was getting worse.
Ok so I wasn't being entirely vain, but mostly. I had TMJ and I hated my slightly crooked teeth. I found an orthodontist who said he could fix my tmj and my slightly crooked teeth. (I've been wanting braces since I was in highschool mind you). Low and behold after 7 months of wearing an expander I no longer have TMJ, and after 6 months of braces my teeth are almost done! I went to the orthodontist today and I am going to have them off for my wedding and they will be close to being done shortly after my wedding! I am crossing my fingers that by the end of the summer I will have beautiful smile again and perfect teeth. The best part is the "preview" to my new smile at my wedding.
So the experience has been different. For awhile I didn't feel like a 23 year old and felt more like I looked like someone who was 23 who reverted back to highschool. Although, I keep meeting more and more adults that have or have had braces into adulthood. I'm glad that I choose this, and am really happy with the way my teeth are coming along. I know I'll really be happy when these are off and I have an amazingly perfect smile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment